Registration is closed until Januray 2021 for the Art Trail in July 2021
Deadline for entries: Sunday 01 March 2020 23:00
Open Studios dates: 04 – 12 July 2020
Cost of registration for 2020: £50 per artist (payment info below) – each individual must register separately even if part of a group or a shop/business. If you are part of a large non-profit making group you may prefer to take out an advertisement in the brochure, please refer to the Sponsors page.
How to enter: Submit the online form and make your payment
(alternative method of submission available on request).
Groups: Agree your group name prior to entry – each entrant should input the agreed name on the form. We will place your listings together in the brochure.
Opening hours: 11am – 5pm
Opening days: All venues must open both weekends. Weekday opening is optional – include which days you are open on the Submission Form for inclusion in the brochure.
Ensure your venue is open at all stated opening times – you are welcome to open earlier though this will not be in the brochure. In the event of an emergency you are unable to open as stated, phone, email us or contact us via facebook asap and we’ll do our best to spread the message via social media.
Which details do I need to provide on the form?
- Artists name
- Venue address
- Exhibition or Group name - agree your group name with the rest of your group before submitting
- Telephone, email & website address or online site eg Facebook, Instagram etc (one of each)
- A brief description of your exhibition (max 138 characters)
- Any other relevant information such as workshops or donations to charity
- a QR code* will be used alongside your entry to include your website & social media & any other links – events/workshops/charity details if asking for donations etc
- 1 image for the brochure and up to 2 others for promotion of the trail – size requirements below
What does my registration fee cover?
- A listing in the Brochure with one image and contact information (via QR code) : each artist takes responsibility to proof read their entry prior to print.
- Your venue pinpointed on the Brochure maps
- The interactive Brochure will be on the FOAT website, with links to your email, website or social media (in QR code) & the Frome Festival website from publication in May until the following year.
- A contribution towards print of the 7,000 Brochures.
- Distribution of the brochure by volunteers: each entrant to help with distribution.
- Advertising of the event via social media, press releases and paid advertising in selected publications including The List, Bath Life & Evolver (funding dependant).
- Advertising for Frome Open Art Trail in the Frome Festival Brochure with a feature included on appropriate days.
- A venue pack including an event poster, visitor number sheet, re-useable direction signs.
Frome Open Art Trail does its utmost to advertise the event. All artists are encouraged to promote their individual venue with signage, and by word of mouth, email and social media.
Please ensure signage does not obstruct or cause unsafe distraction to traffic, create excess rubbish and is removed immediately following the event and returned.
Image formatting requirements
Your image space in the brochure will be 64mm wide x 40 mm in height – the form will only accept a correctly sized image. Good quality /high resolution maximum file size 2MB. Please use the image without mount or frame. Two images side by side will be accepted if submitted as one image.
Submit images as follows: image 1 = SmithJ_01, image 2 = SmithJ_02 etc
Please send us 1 or 2 other images which we will use to promote the trail. By submitting your image you will be giving Frome Open Art Trail permission to use it as part of promotion of the event.
Good quality images/high resolution will represent your work better bringing visitors to your venue.
If you need any help or advice email on [email protected] or phone Kate on 07966300293
Is my registration complete once I have submitted the form?
Registration is considered complete once payment has cleared. Payment must be received by deadline for entry 01 March 2020.
How do I pay my registration fees?
Your payment can be made:
Make payable to Frome Open Art Trail including your name and exhibition name on the reverse.
All cheques should be sent to: Jane Robinson, Behind Town, Park Road, Frome BA11 1EU
By bank transfer to
Account name: Frome Open Art Trail
Sort Code: 30-93-40
Account number: 24869568
Reference: FO20|surname|initial e.g. FO20SmithJ
(A small fee is charged to us for payments by credit card, so please use debit cards where possible)
Important: Please ensure you use the bank transfer reference when making your payment so that it can be easily linked to your entry.
Will there be an opportunity to view my entry before brochures are printed?
You will be asked to proofread your entry, including the map, in April and will have less than 1 week to respond. It is the responsibility of each individual to ensure proofreading of their entry is completed on time and accurately. If we don’t hear from you we will proceed with the information provided on the registration form.
Communication will be by email using the address you input on your entry.
Will my venue be marked on the trail map?
Yes, we use Google maps to pinpoint your location - check your map location at proofreading stage. If you are aware your postcode does not accurately pinpoint your venue, provide details in the ‘Comments’ section at the end of the form. Venues on the outskirts or outside Frome may be indicated by clear labelling rather than an actual map marker.
Do I need insurance?
All artists are required by law to have Public Liability Insurance. By submitting this form either online or by hard copy you are accepting full responsibility for providing this insurance. You may be able to arrange this with your home insurer at little or no additional cost, or subscribe to a-n (artists newsletter) magazine which includes public liability insurance. For more information: http://www.a-n.co.uk
Once you have read the information above, please complete all sections of the form.
Each artist must submit only their own entry and pay £50.
Indicate clearly on the registration form if you are a member of a group for clarity in the brochure.
[email protected] or phone Kate on 07966300293